Orange Creamsicle Fudge is a bright & cheerful fudge candy that is great for holidays, such as Christmas or Easter. Its delightful flavor will remind you of frozen orange & cream bars (such as Creamsicles or 50/50 bars).
Of all the treats during the holidays, the one I usually avoid the most is fudge. It’s not that I don’t like fudge, but it’s just that it’s sooo sweet. I’ll eat a piece or two, but I would be much happier sticking with cookies. Or other candies. But, my family? Most of them think fudge is the best thing ever. So, I make a variety or two and they are happy. And when they’re happy, I’m happy and it’s a win/win.
All this was until I tried Orange Cream Fudge. I can’t even remember who gave it to us, but it was on a plate of assorted treats years ago. I loved the colors of it, and when I took a bite, I had the instant flavor of one of my favorite frozen treats: Orange Creamsicles. Or 50/50 Bars, as we’ve also called them. Now this was my kind of fudge! Yeah, it’s still sweet. So sweet. But that’s ok in this case.
It’s a fairly easy fudge to make. The “hardest” part is getting a nice orange color, but it’s really not that difficult as long as you you add only small amounts of food coloring and don’t go crazy adding a bunch of red food color into it. Speaking of the orange color — while I make this fudge for Christmas, it’s also great at Halloween and I think it’s lovely around Easter time too.Print
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Christmas Fudge by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Cranberry Holiday Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter