BBQ Chicken Mini Pita Pizzas are a simple recipe that gives you a fun, tiny pizzas for parties, movie night, or a weeknight dinner.
Pizza has been a favorite family dinner in our house for a long time. But, while it’s a great dinner, it can also be a fun party food that can be quite simple to make. I recently came across some mini pita breads and my first thought was how awesome they would be as a pizza crust to make mini pizzas for Super Bowl or any other party. The other bonus is that these are great for anyone who is trying to eat healthier, but would like to get some of that pizza goodness without a huge serving size (and calories to match).
Just like the endless topping options at your local pizza joint, you can make these mini pita pizzas with pretty much any toppings or sauces you would like. I decided to skip the traditional pizza sauce and make BBQ Chicken mixture, which is simple shredded chicken mixed with barbecue sauce. The shredded chicken was leftover chicken breast from a whole chicken I roasted this past Sunday for dinner.
For the barbecue sauce, use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce, or if you prefer, you could make it homemade. I like the bottle BBQ sauce for this because I wanted to keep it really simple.
Each mini pita was topped with some of the BBQ chicken mixture, some shredded Colby-Jack cheese, a single jalapeno slice, and some sliced onions. Aren’t they cute?
The BBQ Chicken Mini Pita Pizzas are baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and the pizzas are starting to brown. They turned out delicious and the pita was such a great flavor for a pizza crust. I think they were the perfect, cheesy bite.
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, cooled & shredded
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 mini pitas breads (approximately 3" diameter)
- ½ cup shredded Colby-Jack Cheese (approximately 8 tablespoons)
- Optional toppings: 1 jalapeno, sliced and thinly sliced onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken and the barbecue sauce. Place mini pitas on a baking sheet and top each one with approximately ⅛th cup bbq chicken mixture. Top chicken with about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese and jalapeno and onions, if using.
- Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes or until hot, bubbly and starting to brown.
Be sure to enter today’s great giveaway on the Rafflecopter below — I wish I could win….I’ve been eyeing one of these Spiceologist Blocks for my own kitchen!
Our sponsor today is Savorx. They are providing a Spiceologist Block. Knife block meets spice rack in this beautiful European Beech block filled with 22 glass vials of fresh spices. Beautify your kitchen in one easy step! Not only is it gorgeous it will help you be creative in the kitchen by keeping your most used spices close at hand. You can follow Savorx on Facebook.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by SavorX.
#AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours