This Chicken Parmesan Sliders recipe creates fun, mini sandwiches with lots of flavor! The chicken patties are cooked in the oven making them easy to prepare. Perfect for game day or parties, but also fun for a family dinner.
Homemade sliders are a must for game day or casual get-togethers. While they are small, they are actually quite filling and can be a sort of “main dish appetizer” for your party. These Chicken Parmesan Sliders take the flavors of the popular chicken parmesan main dish, but brings them into tiny sandwiches.
To make this Chicken Parmesan Sliders recipe, in a bowl you’ll mix up ground chicken with all the seasonings, marinara sauce, and shredded Parmesan cheese. It’s a fairly quick process as there’s no chopping needed – just measure and mix.
The ground chicken mixture is formed into small patties. To make sure they are all about the same size, scoop about 1/4 cup of the mixture, which is about 2 ounces, to make each patty.
Place the patties go on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
When the chicken patties are done baking, remove your pan from the oven and immediately top with mozzarella cheese. Return your baking pan of chicken patties back to the oven just long enough to melt the mozzarella.
To serve your Chicken Parmesan Sliders, place fresh spinach leaves on the bottom portion of a slider bun, top with the patty, and then a spoonful of marinara sauce. Finish off by topping with the top of the bun and enjoy!Print
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Yield: 8 sliders
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce + extra for topping sliders
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slider buns
- leaves Spinach
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. The mixture will be very moist.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture (about 2 ounces) and form into small patties. If necessary, wet hands a bit to help in forming the patties. Place each patty on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove pan and turn patties over. Continue baking for another 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Place 2 cheese quarters on top of each patty. Return to oven and heat until cheese is melted.
- Take a slider bun and place several spinach leaves on top of the bottom portion of the bun. Place a patty on top of the spinach leaves. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce and place the top of bun on top. Repeat with remaining buns and patties. Serve and enjoy!
–Shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted for slices; you will want about 4-6 ounces of cheese.
–If you can’t locate slider buns, small dinner rolls can also be substituted
Want more party or game day recipes? Check these out!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Parmesan and Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings by From Gate to Plate
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bitesby Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachosby Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bitesby Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggsby Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by Home Cooking Memories