This Easy Carrot Cake Smoothie recipe is a healthy drink that tastes like a delicious slice of carrot cake! And…the best part: NO juicer is needed!
This post brought to you by Bolthouse Farms. This post contains affiliate links which help to support our blog.
This year, David and I started making fruit and vegetable smoothies at home.
We have a great blender (we love our Ninja Mega Kitchen System and highly recommend it), but we don’t have a juicer and we don’t have the room to add another appliance to our small kitchen. So, we rely on our blender for all of our smoothies. One vegetable we’ve want to use in our smoothies, but find it to be much more work without a juicer, is carrots.
One quick and efficient option we found when we want to include carrot juice in our smoothies to to use ready-to-drink fruit and vegetable juices, like the ones by Bolthouse Farms. They’re carrot farmers with more than 95 years of farming experience. They not only grow carrots, but also make over 30+ beverages, including everything from carrot juice to fruit juices and breakfast smoothies and protein shakes. They even have holiday egg nog and other seasonal drinks too.
The smoothie we usually make with carrot juice is this Carrot Cake Smoothie, because carrot cake is my all-time favorite cake. Each year, my oldest makes me my birthday cake which is complete with carrots, pineapple, and walnuts….my favorite way of having it and inspiration for this smoothie. We add coconut too, just because it’s a favorite for both my husband and I and it goes great in this smoothie.
Once you have your bottle of Bolthouse Farms 100% Carrot Juice, you’ll be ready to blend up your smoothie in no time.
I use 12 ice cubes in this recipes, but you may like less or even more, depending on how thin or thick you like your smoothies.
Easy Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- Serving size: 2 (approx 12 ounces each)
- 1½ cups Bolthouse Farms 100% Carrot Juice
- 12 ice cubes (more or less depending on how thin/thick you like it)
- ½ cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup flake coconut (we used sweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional garnish: chopped walnuts, flake coconut, cinnamon, shredded carrots
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.