Booze up your holiday treats this with these Cinnamon Whiskey Balls!
I’ve been making Christmas treats for many years now, but there is one thing I haven’t made: Christmas treats with liquor in them. Of course, this is much to the dismay of David. He loves the boozy treats that we get from friends or family during the holidays and has always suggested that I make some myself. I’ve resisted though — mostly because I didn’t want to buy a bottle of liquor to only use a few tablespoons. I say “what a waste”, he says “I’ll make sure it doesn’t go to waste”. Ha.
But, over time with all of my kitchen adventures, we developed a bit of a liquor collection without even trying. And, now with this collection on hand, I decided to make David’s wildest dreams come true and make him some boozy Christmas goodies.
One of the first things on my list for him is these Cinnamon Whiskey Balls. One of David’s newest favorites in the liquor department is cinnamon whiskey. Have you ever had hot cinnamon candy? Think of that flavor and that’s what you get with a cinnamon whiskey. Not only have cinnamon candies been a favorite of his for a long time, but cinnamon has always been his #1 spice, so it’s no surprise to me that he enjoys the cinnamon whiskey too.
These Cinnamon Whiskey Balls are crazy simple. I know I say that all the time, but it’s true…and I supposed that’s why I like them too. You can literally go from start to finish in about 60 minutes. Not too bad for a treat that will make your friends and family think you a total rock star in the kitchen.
Here’s the complete recipe — print it up, save it to your ZipList, or pin this post to Pinterest:
- 1 - 12 ounce box vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅔ cup cinnamon whiskey
- 2½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- Optional coatings: powdered sugar, crushed vanilla wafers or finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix together vanilla wafers, pecans, powdered sugar, and cocoa.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon whiskey and corn syrup until well blended.
- Gradually stir bourbon mixture into the vanilla wafer mixture. Shape into balls. Roll in your choice of optional coatings. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Mini Sugar Cookie Houses aka Hot Chocolate Mug Perches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Eggnog Cookie Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spiked Candy Cane Hot Chocolate by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks:
- Gingerbread Texas Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Swirl Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Caramel Apples by My Catholic Kitchen
- Homemade Caramels by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Puff Pastry Ravioli Mince Pies by Food Lust People Love
- Mounds Brownie Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Chocolate Pull Apart Bread by The Dutch
- Sugared Grape and Phyllo Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Taffy Tan Fudge by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread by Liv Life
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Devil’s Food Cake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cinnamon Whiskey Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Candy Cane Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter