Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice is an easy dinner idea that will only take 15 minutes to make, and features popular Hatch Chiles from New Mexico.
When the Hatch Chile Co sent me some of their chiles, I was in foodie heaven. They sent me 5 pounds worth, which was plenty to experiment with!
Coming up with ideas on how to use the Hatch Chiles is no problem…but the real challenge came in with creating a supper in 15 minutes with them. After much thought and recipe testing, I’m ready to share with you my idea: Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice!
As the name #15MinuteSuppers implies, this dinner idea is very easy. The main part of this meal is the Hatch Chile Rice, which is SO simple. You can get my full recipe for it here: Hatch Chile Rice Recipe.
For the chicken for your Chicken Burrito Bowls, you’ll want to pick up a rotisserie chicken from the deli of your local grocery store and remove the chicken to use If you happen to have leftover chicken, you can use that instead.
To create your Chicken Burrito Bowl, first start with the Hatch Chile Rice. Then add chicken on top of the rice and any other toppings you might like. Some of the things we had: black beans (drained and rinsed), corn, lettuce shredded cheese, cilantro, jalapenos, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado or guacamole, and lime wedges. A delicious DIY dinner that is just like a burrito but without the tortilla.Print
Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice
Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice is an easy dinner idea that will only take 15 minutes to make and features popular Hatch Chiles from New Mexico.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Hatch Chile Rice
- 12–16 ounces cooked chicken meat (leftovers or from a rotisserie chicken)
- Optional toppings: black beans (drained and rinsed, corn kernels, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, avocado wedges, guacamole, cilantro)
- To create a burrito bowl, spoon some of the Hatch Chile Rice into the bottom of your bowl. Then top with chicken, followed by any of the desired toppings.
Keywords: leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, easy dinner,
For more information on the Hatch Chile Co, check out their website follow them on social media:
- Website: http://www.hatch-green-chile.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hatchchile
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hatch_chile
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+Hatch-green-chile/posts
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/hatchgreenchile/
Today’s 15 minute meal ideas all use Hatch Green Chiles from Hatch, NM. There is nothing better than a perfectly ripe chile and these chiles are picked, processed, and frozen within a couple hours. They are super versatile and we’ve created some amazing #15MinuteSuppers using these delicious chiles. There are a few appetizers and the rest are main dishes! Which one is your favorite?
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Hot Corn Dip by Jen’s Journey
- Green Chile Guacamole by Around My Family Table
- Hatch Green Chile Crescent Rolls by Celebrating Family
- Hatch Green Chiles Queso by Songs Kate Sang
- Chicken Quesadillas with Hatch Chile Cheese Sauce by Better in Bulk
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup by Cute as a Fox
- Hatch Chile, Chicken & Bacon Pizza by White Lights on Wednesday
- Chicken Burrito Bowls with Hatch Chile Rice by Home Cooking Memories
- Hatch Green Chile Mac and Cheese by Pink Cake Plate
- Baked Eggs and Green Chilies in Avocado by East Valley Mom Guide
Don’t forget to make a batch of Hatch Chile Rice for your Chicken Burrito Bowls! Click below to get the recipe: