I can’t believe summer officially started this week — I feel like it’s been summer forever in Las Vegas.
In an effort to cool us off, and enjoy one of the evenings when ALL of my kids are home, I planned to make a tropical dessert to go along with our weekly pizza night. Both of the oldest kids would be home and I thought it would be fun to have a little treat that would be super easy to pull together and celebrate the flavors of summer. We headed to Walmart to pick up “take and bake” pizza, plus the ingredients for our treat.
My plan was to make Peach Mango Frozen Yogurt Parfaits with Tropical Smarties® Whipped Cream. My plan didn’t go as planned. I tried to find TCBY Peach Mango frozen yogurt and Tropical Smarties®, but I couldn’t find it and I finally gave up.
I checked out the other flavors and saw the TCBY Frozen Yogurt Strawberry Swirl. Strawberries say “summer” to me, so I decided to change my plan a bit and create Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Parfaits with Smarties® Whipped Cream. You can see the rest of my shopping trip photos here.
To make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Parfaits with Smarties® Whipped Cream, you will need a container of TCBY Frozen Yogurt Strawberry Swirl.
You will also need angel food cake, strawberries, heavy whipping cream, and Smarties® candy rolls.
The first step is to cut the angel food cake into small cubes.
Next, crush the Smarties® so that they are a fine powder. I did this with mortar and pestle. We crushed 10 rolls of Smarties® for 1 pint of whipping cream.
You will also need to slice up your strawberries.
To make the Smarties® Whipped Cream, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks are beginning to form (soft peaks means that when you lift your beater, it will create a peak, but it will fall over easily). Sprinkle in 1/3 of crushed Smarties® and mix just briefly to incorporate it. Do the same with another 1/3 of the crushed Smarties® and then with the last of it.
So, I kinda messed up on my Smarties® whipped cream. See how I told you above to take it to SOFT PEAKS? There is a reason for this. After it’s at the soft peak stage, you will whip in the candy. I took my whipping cream to the firm peaks stage, so the addition of beating in the Smarties® took it a bit too far. It was still really good, but not as pretty. Ah, live and learn.
In a clear glass, assemble your parfaits. I placed a scoop of TCBY Frozen Yogurt in the bottom first, then a slice of strawberry, then several cubes of angel food cake and a layer of Smarties® whipped cream.
Finish it off with more TCBY Frozen Yogurt….
….and more Smarties® whipped cream & another sliced strawberry. The TCBY Frozen Yogurt was perfect for these and the Smarties® gave the whipped cream a fun kick that the kids loved.Print
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Parfaits with Smarties® Whipped Cream
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 10 Smarties® Candy Rolls (crushed into a powder)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- TCBY Strawberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Angel Food Cake (cut into small cubes)
To make Smarties Whipped Cream
- Place your mixing bowl and beaters in your freezer for about 10 minutes to chill them.
- Remove from freezer and pour the whipping cream in the bowl.
- Begin beating on low and when mixture is beginning to thicken, increase the speed. Beat on high until soft peaks just begin to form (soft peaks mean that when you lift your beaters, it will create a soft peak, but the peaks will fall over easily).
- Turn off mixer and sprinkle in about 1/3 of the crushed Smarties. Turn on mixer just briefly to incorporate the crushed candy. Turn off mixer. Repeat this step with half of the remaining crushed candy and then again with the remaining candy.
To make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Parfaits
- Place a scoop of strawberry frozen yogurt in bottom of a clear glass.
- Place a sliced strawberry on top of frozen yogurt in glass. Then top the sliced strawberry with a layer of cubed angel food cake. Top this with a layer of Smarties whipped cream. If using a very tall glass, you can repeat these layers again, if you wish.
- Finish with another scoop or two of strawberry frozen yogurt and additional Smarties whipped cream and sliced strawberries, if desired.
Keywords: 5 ingredients,
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and TCBY #CBias #SocialFabric #TCBYGrocery