Buffalo Chicken Wings have been a sports party favorite for a long time and, eventually, someone came up with the genius idea of making a Buffalo Chicken Dip. The cool thing about the dip is that you get all the same flavors of Buffalo Wings, but you get to dip — or scoop — with crackers, chips, and celery sticks.
I’ve taken it all one step further: I took my usual Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe and rolled it up into bite-size tortilla pinwheels!
One of the great things about these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels is that there is more portion control than with the dip. I don’t know about you, but dips are one of those things that I have a hard time watching how much I eat. With these, you can decide to eat just a few and you’ll likely be eating much less than you would if you were scooping away at the buffet table.
The buffalo chicken mixture is much like the Buffalo Chicken Dip I make — with a few small changes. The biggest change is that I leave out blue cheese dressing. But, have no fear blue cheese lovers — there’s still crumbles added because I couldn’t do away with it all. Everything is mixed up in one bowl, which is always nice when it comes time to wash the dishes.
The buffalo chicken mixture is spread on large, soft flour tortillas and then rolled up.
The rolled tortillas are covered and refrigerated to firm them up a bit.
After refrigerating, the rolled tortillas are cut in half and then each half is cut into slices. My tortillas were about 10 1/2″ in diameter, so I ended up with about 30 pinwheels (6 pinwheels per 5 tortillas). You can use other size tortillas, so the amount you end up with may be more or less depending on the size.
I like to serve tortilla pinwheels with them on their side, with a toothpick stuck in the top of them. No matter how you display them, I’m sure that you’ll find that they are gone in no time.
Here’s the full recipe — enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce or cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 5 large flour tortillas (approximately 10 1/2" diameter)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese on low and add in sauce, blue cheese, colby-jack cheese, and green onions. Beat until blended.
- Stir shredded chicken into mixture by hand.
- Spread approximately 3/4 cup of mixture on top of one of the tortillas. Roll up tortilla tightly, but without shifting the mixture too much. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place rolled tortillas on a place and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap. Slice each rolled tortillas in half and then each half into 3 slices, discarding ends. Place pinwheel slices on serving plate or tray.
--Smaller or larger tortillas may be used, however you will need to adjust the amount of buffalo chicken mixture you add to each tortilla.
--If time is an issue, you can skip the refrigeration before slicing or refrigerate for less time. However, for best results, refrigeration is recommended.
I have another amazing giveaway to share! Read all about it and then enter for your chance to win on the Rafflecopter towards the end of this post:
Today’s sponsor is Anolon. They are providing an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Collection 10-piece set, which includes1.25 Qt. & 2.5 Qt. covered saucepans, 3 Qt. covered saute, 6.5 Qt. covered stockpot, 8″ & 10″ French skillets. This Anolon Set has a stunning, high polish finish that would class up any kitchen. The set is crafted with a layer of copper on the bottom which provides optimum heat conduction. This Anolon collection is also dishwasher safe. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel cookware is gorgeous and will withstand the test of time.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age, or older. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be contacted via email and has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Good luck!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Anolon. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati