Chicken Parmesan Sliders are a healthy mini sandwich that a great for a party or dinner.
As I was considering party food for Super Bowl Sunday, I decided that homemade sliders were a must. While they are small, they are actually quite filling and can be a sort of “main dish appetizer” for your party. I had the perfect idea too — Chicken Parmesan Sliders. My family loves my homemade Chicken Parmesan and recently, I made a more healthy version as sandwiches for dinner. My family went crazy for them! I thought how these would be so great as a slider too, so I made a few adjustments to my recipe and transformed our dinner sandwiches recipe into a fun party food packed with flavor and beautiful colors.
Like so many of my recipes, this is an easy one. In a bowl, you’ll mix up ground chicken with all the seasonings, marinara sauce, and shredded Parmesan cheese. There’s no chopping needed and it’s pretty much just measuring and mixing.
The mixture is formed into small patties. To make sure they are all about the same size, scoop about 1/4 cup of the mixture, which is about 2 ounces, to make each patty. The patties go on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Another easy aspect of these is that the patties are baked in the oven. You will have to flip them once in the middle of the cooking time, but I always like it when I can cook a whole batch at once. This is especially helpful if you are doubling or tripling this recipe.
When they are done, you top them with mozzarella cheese, which is melted in the oven.
To serve your Chicken Parmesan Sliders, place fresh spinach leaves on the bottom portion of a slider bun, top with the patty, and then a spoonful of marinara sauce. Finish off by topping with the top of the bun and enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce + extra for topping sliders
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slider buns
- Spinach leaves
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Mixture will be very moist.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture (about 2 ounces) and form into small patties. If necessary, wet hands a bit to help in forming the patties. Place each patty on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove pan and turn patties over. Continue baking for another 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Place 2 cheese quarters on top of each patty. Return to oven and heat until cheese is melted.
- Take a slider bun and place several spinach leaves on top of the bottom portion of the bun. Place a patty on top of the spinach leaves. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce and place top of bun on top. Repeat with remaining buns and patties. Serve and enjoy!
--Shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted for slices; you will want about 4-6 ounces of cheese.
--If you can't locate slider buns, small dinner rolls can also be substuted
Are you ready for today’s giveaway? We have another fabulous prize that you have a chance to win! Read all about it and enter on the Rafflecopter below:
Today’s sponsor is PotsandPans.com. Whether you’re shopping for the perfect pot or the perfect price PotsandPans.com is the one stop shop for the savvy chef! PotsandPans.com is supplying #AppetizerWeek with some really special Rachael Ray Tools. Rachael Ray Tools all have one thing in mind: making time in the kitchen fun and efficient. These tools fit the bill with bright hues and innovative designs, today’s prize pack is being offered in Orange. We know it will brighten up any kitchen. You can follow PotsandPans.com on Facebook and on Twitter.
Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. Must be 18 years, or older to participate. Please see terms in rafflecopter for full rules and regulations. Sorry to all our Canadian and International readers. xx
List of PotsandPans.com Prizes from Rachael Ray Tools:
- Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Spoonula Set in Orange
- Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Set: Lazy Spoon and Ladle in Orange
- Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Salt and Pepper Grinder Set in Orange
- Rachael Ray Tools 3 Tier Stacking Salt Box
- Rachael Ray Tools Balloon Whisk in Orange
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Parmesan and Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings by From Gate to Plate
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bitesby Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachosby Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bitesby Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggsby Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by Home Cooking Memories