This post brought to you by Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
This easy pumpkin bread recipe is your classic quick bread — mix up your ingredients, bake, and enjoy this Autumn treat.
With Thanksgiving upon us, shopping for turkey day is the next big “to do” on everyone’s list. As you are making your lists and tackling the stores, I wanted to give you a challenge. It’s a small challenge, but by doing this, and others doing this, our small acts can add up to making a big difference.
Here’s the challenge: this Thanksgiving, I’m asking you to join me in being Be Carton Smart. To be #CartonSmart, all you have to do is make a small swap — buy at least one of your grocery purchases in a Tetra Pak® carton package, rather than other packaging, such as a can.
If you are wondering why this is a big deal, check out this infographic that shows you why Tetra Pak cartons are a great choice.
My personal favorite reason for purchasing Tetra Pak cartons is that they are easy-to-open. I choose to not have an electric can opener in my kitchen, but use a manual instead. With Tetra Pak cartons, I can zip through my cooking prep faster and no hassle with the can opener.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 16 oz Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar and oil. Stir the eggs and pumpkin into the sugar/oil mixture. In another bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients, a little at a time, and water into pumpkin mixture. If using nuts, stir them into the batter. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.